Saturday, January 17, 2015

Invictus, Unconquered, Captain Of My Soul!


♥Celebrating☮Dr King♥ A Legacy Of Love

Invictus
Unconquered
CAPTAIN OF MY SOUL

Out of the night that covers me,
Dark as the pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.
In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeoning's of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.
And yet the menace of the years
Finds and shall find me unafraid.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.
By William Ernest Henley (1849–1903)

MLK Day of Service, a great way to celebrate Dr Kings Birthday.

In 1994, Congress designated MLK Day as the first and only federal holiday observed as a national day of service, and charged CNCS with leading this effort.

Reverend, Dr. Martin Luther King Jr once said, "Life's most persistent and urgent question is: What are you doing for others?"

Each year, Americans across the country answer that question by coming together on the King Holiday to serve their neighbors and communities.

The MLK Day of Service is a part of United We Serve, the President's national call to service initiative. It calls for Americans from all walks of life to work together to provide solutions to our most pressing national problems.

Today's post, is my contribution. Maybe some rich benefactors will see this and want to help out.

Of course; from anyone who is able and wants to, donations are gratefully accepted.

I'm from Bayonne New Jersey. So I chose to write about the town next door and 2 great 501c Programs helping children in Jersey City, NJ.

New City Kids.

Empowering At-Risk Teenagers In Jersey City NJ.

New City Kids
After School Center


Videos

♥♥♥

Team Walker After School Programs Jersey City NJ.

Team Walker Facebook

Team Walker was founded in 1996 by Jersey City natives Jerry and Jasper Walker, who aspired to give Jersey City children the same after school programs they enjoyed while growing up.

They knew these programs helped them mature academically, and also provided them with an athletic outlet for their basketball abilities.
A Change Is Gonna Come